Wednesday, August 5, 2015

More Polish Pottery ...


As I mentioned a few weeks ago, we are buying a house across town ... and I am packing up my goodies.  When I lived in the Netherlands, I spent a weekend shopping for Polish Pottery with other military spouses.  


I was drawn to this non-traditional pattern with the tulips - it will always remind me of the Netherlands!


From the Netherlands, we moved to Fort Meade, MD (then to Hawaiian and back to Fort Meade). I found the tea pot below in a local thrift shop. Although it has the hallmark for Bolesławiec, Poland - the Mecca for Polish Pottery - I believe this is a vintage item before the pottery became popular.
 

Do you have a favorite piece of pottery?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.  Comments are open through Saturday, August 8, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, August 9.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

A popular pattern among military spouses ...


9 comments:

  1. My mom's friend got me a beautiful cup and saucer she picked in either the Netherlands or Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who makes pottery and those are some of my favorite pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't but I love that clock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. My favorite pottery piece is a plate my daughter made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally unfamiliar with Polish Pottery - I do have some pieces of American pottery (some from Williamsburg Va and others I don't know where it is from) - an probably some from Great Britain that came from older family members.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post. We just returned stateside from Europe and yes! It's more or less a requirement for military spouses to collect Polish pottery while you're stationed overseas. At least that's what I told my husband. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No I lie. Cases
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a small, delft vase that we got in the Netherlands on one of my shelves. It reminds me of when we went to Europe many, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete