Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Aloha to Dallas - Welcome Party and Club RT


The RT Booklovers Convention kicked off the week with a welcome party.  Above are my military friends.  From left to right, Tamara Argyle, Sharon Hamilton, Jackson Young,  Siera London, and Kathy Crouch.   All are veterans, except for Sharon, who writes about SEALs.  


County singer Jackson Young brought Rowdy, the Battle Buddy Bear, to RT to promote Operation Troop Aid.  From its website (link),

We salute and support all our Armed Forces! The mission of Operation Troop Aid (OTA) is to provide care packages for U.S. Service members with the revenue generated through professional concert promotions and public financial generosity. OTA is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation striving to make a positive difference and inspire our Armed Forces by letting them know Americans stand with them.


(Jackson chatted about Rowdy and Operation Troop Aid at the Military Salute - pictures to come).


Over in Club RT, we chatted with Harlequin authors Delores Fossen (Air Force veteran), Julie Miller (Marine Corps daughter), and BJ Daniels (cowboy lover).


Tamara modeled the red hat ...


... and I admired this British purse.  Do you wear fancy hats or carry funky purses?  One randomly selected commenter from my RT posts wins a book choice from my convention stash. Comments are open through Sunday, May 31. I'll post the winner on Monday, June 1, at SOS Aloha.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Can you guess who wears these gorgeous shoes?

14 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I'm a boring person - no funky/fun hats, purses, or shoes for me. I'd trip and do some serious damage to myself and bystanders if I tried to wear those shoes! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures. I have been carrying around the same black leather purse for about 7 years. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. No funky purses or hats for me. Too much work. Not sure who would wear those shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to wear hats when I was much, much younger, but no more. Fairly boring with my purse, except I've been using a quilted purse my daughter made for me for about a year. I really hate changing purses when what I'm using works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No fancy hats or funky purses for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I don't have any funky hats or purses. Mine are all very simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't wear hats except for warmth in the winter so they aren't funky, I do have a hot pink purse, but that's about as funky as it gets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At fancy hats for me, I do have a couple of red white and blue gym shoes.

    Could the lady in the shoes be Cherry Adair?

    ReplyDelete
  9. RT15 was a great time for all! Thanks for uploading the pics, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tend to use totebags...too cheap to buy fancy bags, but enjoyed the pictures and I love Rowdy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love funky purses! And I've never been a hat person but I could be persuaded LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with everybody else, no funky hats or bags for me. I love the British Union Jack handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the pics! I'm not really a hat girl and no funky purses either.

    ReplyDelete