Saturday, September 27, 2014

Aloha to New England - Harvard University (Part 2)


 

Continuing our self guided walking tour of Harvard univesrity, we finally found the Ivy!


Many historic buildings dot the skyline ...


... while rowers enjoy the solitude of the Charles River.


The Harvard Bridge gives a glimpse of downtown Boston.


Imagine living in this dorm!


So many buidlings in Boston are named after the Adams Family.


This gate to the campus inspires students.


I overheard a student guide point to this doorway as the home of one of Harvard's secret societies.


We enjoyed our own walking tour ... but we could appreciate the costumed guides!


What are your thoughts on Harvard University?  One randomly selected commenter from this week's blogs wins a book choice from my convention stash.   Comments are open through Saturday, October 4, 10 pm in Baltimore.  I'll post the winner on Sunday, October 5, at SOS Aloha.

Mahalo,

Kim in Baltimore
Aloha Spirit in Charm City

Politics aside, I laughed at this bumper sticker.


7 comments:

  1. Pretty campus. Wish I could have attended Harvard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's old, gorgeous and very expensive lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good school,
    Kimh

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is an amazing school. I loved watching the rowing team practice on the Charles River.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their student guided walking tours are well worth the suggested contribution. I enjoyed it immensely and learned a lot. I also had the privilege of attending Harvard commencement ceremonies when my son got his degree. They do indeed put the pomp in "Pomp & Circumstance", and a student delivers the commencement address in Latin. Nothing like kickin' it old school!

    ReplyDelete